Reporting problems

Reporting flooding and pollution 

River Safety Issues:

In an emergency please contact the Police, Fire Service or Ambulance Service on 999.

In a non-emergency dial 101 to contact your local Police Station.


If you believe that you can see pollution in our streams and rivers or witness dead fish please contact the Environment Agency’s hotline on 0800 807060. You can find out more details on their website here.

Fly tipping is a considerable source of litter and debris into our rivers.  Please report it via the website or the relevant local authority website:

To report fly tipping in Bradford click here

To report fly tipping in Leeds click here

To report fly tipping in Craven click here

invasive species:

The Aire Rivers Trust is working with Friends of Bradford Becks and the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to tackle invasive species along the river.  Together we are treating Japanese Knotweed, Himalayan Balsam and Giant Hogweed.

You can report these online using the INNS Mapper website here.

Wildlife crime:

Please contact the Wildlife Officer of your local police force by calling 101.


Ring the Environment Agency’s Floodline on 0845 988 1188.

If there is an immediate threat to life call the emergency services on 999.