The competition closed at midnight on 20th September, entries sent after that time will not be considered.
There are two entry categories:
- Children and young people under the age of 18 (maximum word count 500 words).
- Adults over 18 (maximum word count 2,000 words).
The word total includes the title.
- There is no entry fee for this competition.
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries must be word-processed and double spaced, with pages numbered.
- The name of the entrant must not appear on the manuscript.
- The competition is open to anyone throughout and outside the United Kingdom.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and not published previously.
- Entries must not be entered in another competition at the same time.
- No more than one entry will be accepted from each person.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no individual correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition is managed by the Aire Rivers Trust.
- Entrants agree that their work may be copy-edited for the purposes of inclusion in the competition anthology should it be chosen.
- Copyright will remain with the author, but prize winners must agree to publication in the competition’s anthology of creative writing should it go ahead.
Failure to comply with the above rules will result in disqualification from the competition.
Winners will be decided as soon as possible after the deadline, with a formal announcement on the Aire Rivers Trust Facebook Page. The story competition is being judged by representatives from the Aire Rivers Trust and Saltaire Festival. We will contact winners by email and announce the results on social media.