Free training courses open to all of our volunteers and people working to improve their local rivers. In a small socially distanced group of up dozen people.
Training will be at our office in Greengates. The course will cover:
- How to build relationships with journalists, and how to get a journalist’s attention,
- What makes a newsworthy story? What makes for a great feature?
- A mock newsroom exercise in which I give participants real sample pitches and press releases and they decide which stories make the cut,
- The changing media landscape in 2020,
- Proactive and reactive press – and what to do in a crisis,
- What radio and TV producers want in an interview, and how to pitch them,
- Some radio and TV roleplay interviews using broadcast kit,
- Building your own media channels and what makes for engaging content.
We're really keen for volunteers to get trained and priority will be given to regular Aire Rivers Trust and supported Friends Of group volunteers. To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and role (ART volunteer, fishing club working party volunteer, etc.)
These courses are a great opportunity to develop new skills, improve your CV or simply grow your organisation.